Top 5 Causes of Pool Cracks
Swimming pools are a great addition to any property, providing a refreshing and relaxing escape during hot summer days. However, just like any other part of your property, your pool may develop cracks over time. These pool cracks can be caused by various factors, some of which we will discuss in this blog post.
If you’re looking for swimming pool crack repair in Sherman Oaks, CA, contact The California Pool and Spa Company at 818-792-5020 to speak with our pool repair experts. Keep reading to find out what could be causing the cracks in your pool.
- Age: One of the most common causes of swimming pool cracks is age. As your pool ages, the materials it’s made of can become brittle and more susceptible to cracking. If your pool is over 10-15 years old, it’s possible that age is the cause of any cracks you’re seeing.
2. Ground Movement: Ground movement can also cause cracks in your swimming pool. If your pool was built on unstable ground or if the soil around your pool has shifted over time, it can cause the pool to crack. In some cases, nearby construction or excavation can also cause ground movement that affects your pool.
3. Temperature Changes: Swimming pools are exposed to extreme temperature changes, especially in areas with hot summers and cold winters. The constant expansion and contraction that occurs due to these temperature changes can cause your pool to crack. If your pool is not designed to accommodate these changes, it’s more likely to develop cracks.
4. Chemical Imbalances: Chemical imbalances in your pool can also cause cracks. When the pH balance is too high or too low, it can damage the surface of your pool and lead to cracks. If you notice that your pool water is cloudy or has a strong chemical odor, it’s possible that chemical imbalances are the cause of any cracks.
5. Improper Installation: Finally, improper installation can also lead to swimming pool cracks. If your pool wasn’t installed correctly from the beginning, it’s more likely to develop cracks over time. This is why it’s important to hire a professional pool installer who knows how to properly install your pool.
If you notice cracks in your swimming pool, it’s important to have them repaired as soon as possible. Cracks can allow water to leak out of your pool, which can cause further damage to the pool and the surrounding area. If you’re in need of swimming pool repair in Sherman Oaks, CA, be sure to contact The California Pool and Spa Company. They can assess the damage to your pool and provide you with a solution to fix the problem. With the right repairs, your pool can look and function like new again.